#TakeAction – June 4, 2020
Tonight #TakeAction to join Indivisible for a workshop on doing the work to show up for Black lives. Before and after the workshop, take time to pursue your own anti-racist education.
🔶 Workshop on Relational Organizing Amidst Racial Violence
🔶 Pursue Anti-Racist Education
Workshop on Relational Organizing Amidst Racial Violence
Date: Indivisible is hosting a workshop tonight at 5 p.m. PDT.
Action: This month’s National Activist Call has been replaced so Indivisible can show all allies how they can actively show up for Black lives at this crucial moment. This workshop will create a space for Indivisibles and allies everywhere to discuss relational organizing and the responsibility we have to escalate white folks and non-Black people of color from allies to accomplices, both in casual conversations and in concrete anti-racist actions within our communities.
For too long, Black Americans have been alone in advocating for themselves — even if it disproportionately exposes them to mental, physical, and emotional harm. This should not be a fight taken up only by the most profoundly affected. This moment calls for an increased initiative on the behalf of allies everywhere to step up and educate themselves on how to be part of the solution.
Click here to RSVP for the event: https://act.indivisible.org/…/060220_workshop-relational-or…
Pursue Anti-Racist Education
We encourage Indivisibles to pursue their own anti-racist education. Here are a few resources we found helpful:
• Anti-Racism Resources for White People https://docs.google.com/…/1BRlF2_zhNe86SGgHa6-VlBO…/preview…
• White Privilege: Unpacking the Invisible Knapsack by Peggy McIntosh https://www.racialequitytools.org/resourcefiles/mcintosh.pdf
• Qualified Immunity: Explained https://theappeal.org/qualified-immunity-explained/
• me and white supremacy workbook https://www.indivisible-ma.org/…/Me_And_White_Supremacy_Wor…
• Buzz Feed https://www.buzzfeednews.com/…/george-floyd-amy-cooper-anti…