#TakeAction – April 28, 2020
Please #TakeAction to register with Zoom for our Community Meeting this Saturday. Then take a look at all the ways you can let our Representative know you want a COVID relief bill that finally puts people ahead of corporations:
🔶 Don’t forget to register for our Zoom Community Meeting this Saturday
🔶 MoCs: pledge not to vote for a COVID relief bill unless it prioritizes people first
1. Register for our Zoom Community Meeting this Saturday
Register with Zoom so you can join us online for our Community Meeting this Saturday, 2 May, at 10 a.m.
Use this link: https://us02web.zoom.us/…/tZcrdOmqrTooG9SugSCtaBMXB3HK1…
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
2. MoCs: pledge not to vote for a COVID relief bill unless it prioritizes people first
Each of us needs our Representative to protect people and protect democracy before enriching corporations. So here’s a pretty simple ask: Every Member of Congress should pledge not to vote for a COVID relief bill that doesn’t do that. Here’s what you need to do:
• Take the pledge yourself — tell us you’re going to fight with us for real relief: https://www.peoplesagendapledge.org/indivisible/…
• Make a call to your member of Congress T-O-D-A-Y and ask them to take the pledge to vote no on the next package unless it does these four things we mentioned above: https://act.newmode.net/…/indivis…/call-your-member-congress
• When you’ve hung up the phone, follow up with an email to your representative demanding that they take the pledge and tell them you’re paying attention: https://act.newmode.net/…/indivi…/email-your-member-congress
• Email sent? Use this tool to tweet at them for good measure (we’re hearing right now that social media is a more effective tool to engage with your members of Congress than usual because of remote working and social distancing): https://act.newmode.net/…/i…/people-first-pledge-action-page
• Finally, make your voice heard by recording a video. Say your name, where you’re from, and that you demand your representative take the People’s Agenda Pledge to vote no on the next coronavirus package unless it means real relief for all people. Upload it to social and tag them: https://indivisible.soapboxx.us/prompt-single/voteno