#TakeAction – April 21, 2020
#TakeAction Tuesday to let our Members of Congress know the new Coronavirus relief bill is NOT great. After you call, sign up for textbank training tonight or Sunday:
🔶 Tell your MoCs: new coronavirus bill is NOT good enough
🔶 Sign up for IndivisiText Textbanking Training
1. Tell your MoCs: the new coronavirus bill is NOT good enough
Call our members of Congress, tell them the newest proposed coronavirus relief bill has significant deficiencies: the latest proposed coronavirus relief bill is far from the kind of people-first response we wanted to see from Congress.
This bill must be improved:
• We didn’t get here by accident. The last coronavirus relief bill prioritized corporate profits over workers’ protections and wages.
• We need sustained economic support for families and workers that are suffering, instead of band-aid after band-aid.
• We need to make sure everyone — no matter who they are, regardless of immigration status — has access to free testing and treatment, period.
• We need to make sure our elections are safe. Wisconsin’s election showed Republicans’ hand — how they plan to force Americans to choose between their safety and their vote. That’s a choice that we can’t accept and should not allow.
• We know that Republicans are taking advantage of this moment to shovel more money to big corporations. They are simply indifferent to the human suffering that’s unfolding before our eyes.
• Please vote against any bill that doesn’t addresses all these deficiencies.
2. Sign up for IndivisiText Textbanking Training
Webinars are Tuesday 21 April at 5:30 p.m. and Sunday 26 April at 4 p.m. PDT.
Learn how to start texting with the IndivisiText program on our platform TextOut! Indivisible is hoping to send 10 million texts before Election Day and they are looking for volunteers who want to help. They send texts for endorsed IndivisiCandidates, to do volunteer recruitment, get out the vote actions, and more. Check out the texting schedule to get a sense of the kinds of campaigns Indivisible runs; then, sign up for one of our two trainings to get started! These will cover the same material, so there is no need to attend both.
Tuesday, April 21, 8:30pm ET/ 5:30pm PT
Sunday, April 26, 7pm ET/ 4pm PT
21 April Webinar: https://indivisible.zoom.us/…/reg…/WN_4J52hXUbQseAL9qsbV2rTg
26 April Webinar: https://indivisible.zoom.us/…/reg…/WN_jC0SbC1iRhySigQnwfYDfA
Texting Schedule: https://indivisible.org/indivisible-texting-schedule