#TakeAction – April 1, 2020
We made it through March! Happy April 1st! Here is how you can #TakeAction today:
🔶 Urge Governor Inslee To Sign Important Public Health Legislation
🔶 Special Health Benefit Exchange enrollment period related to Coronavirus
1) Action: Demand our Senators ensure safe, secure elections during the COVID-19 outbreak
Call our Senators, demand they ensure our elections are safe and secure during the COVID-19 outbreak to:
• Expand early in-person voting and no-excuse absentee vote-by-mail to all states.
• Require states and jurisdictions to establish contingency plans to enable eligible Americans to vote in the case of an emergency.
• Require the Election Assistance Commission to create a domestic version of the federal write-in absentee ballot.
• Require all states provide envelopes with prepaid postage for voter registration applications, absentee ballot applications, and absentee ballots. Offer and accept online absentee ballot applications.
• Require absentee ballots to be counted if postmarked or signed before polls close on Election Day.
2) Action: Washington Health Benefit Exchange special Coronavirus enrollment period
Let everyone who may need to know that, in response to the growth of Coronavirus (COVID-19) cases, the Washington Health Benefit Exchange announced a limited-time special enrollment period for qualified individuals who are currently without insurance. This will allow uninsured individuals to enroll in health insurance coverage through Washington Healthplanfinder.
Contact the Customer Support Center between 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday-Friday at 1-855-923-4633 and select a plan by April 8 for coverage start date beginning today, April 1, 2020.
Source: Washington Health Benefit Exchange: https://www.wahbexchange.org/new-customers/who-can-sign-up/special-enrollment-period/
**CALENDAR**We are posting more and more events (both for our group and outside of it) on our calendar. Check it out! http://www.indivisible-wa8.com/calendar/
**EMAIL**Friends not on FB and want to join our efforts? Sign up for email: http://eepurl.com/cChJwD