#TakeAction – March 26, 2020
Ask Congresswoman Schrier to #TakeAction to improve the COVID-19 response package:
🔶 Demand the House address the Coronavirus outbreak
Action: Call or email Congresswoman Schrier, urge her to improve the Senate coronavirus response bill agreed to by the Senate:
• Add guardrails for the hundreds of billions of dollars in corporate bailouts in the bill (e.g. requiring that companies that get bailouts retain ALL of their employees and can’t waste money on executive bonuses or stock buybacks)
• Provide universal paid sick leave, not just for some people — everyone,
• Improve the cash assistance provisions of the bill by making the payments recurring and available to all people, including immigrants,
• Support patients and health care workers by expanding federal Medicaid funding, ending surprise billing, and ensuring frontline workers have the protections they need to stay safe, and
• Increase election security and access to voting, including financial support for states to implement vote by mail before November.
If you can’t call or if you can’t get through when you try, click here to email your representative with the same message.
Source: Indivisible: https://indivisible.org/demand-your-representative-addresse…