#TakeAction – September 27, 2019
Happy Friday, the end of a very intense week. We will remember this week when the Trump era recedes into history as a really scary time when the country went completely sideways.
For today’s #TakeAction please make sure you have read or listened to the whistleblower’s complaint and are prepared to discuss it when it inevitably comes up in conversation. Some of the main points in favor of impeachment:
- Trump clearly committed impeachable crimes by asking a foreign power to dig up dirt on a political opponent. He then used our government in an attempt to cover it up. (Whether or not there was quid pro quo with military aid is beside the point.) Doing this was not only corrupt, but it put our nation’s security at risk.
- If there was ever a time to impeach someone, this is it. Could you even imagine someone more deserving?
- For those who fear interference with the 2020 election, it was Trump who initiated this, not the House, not the Democrats.
- We KNOW the Senate won’t vote to convict. That’s not what this is about. This is about doing the right thing and upholding the rule of law. If the Republican-controlled Senate wants to stand in front of doing the right thing according to the Constitution, then they’ll need to live with that. Some of them are up for re-election next year.
(Add your comments with other good points about impeachment!)
Here are some links to the complaint:
- Read it: https://intelligence.house.gov/uploadedfiles/20190812_-_whistleblower_complaint_unclass.pdf?fbclid=IwAR0GFaqv1bn664aBV_kStVSPHzSQ0vNAJGEa17dmRQZE1RgzetxR7wDu8_g
- Listen to it: https://soundcloud.com/penguin-audio/the-whistle-blower-complaint-released-by-the-house-intelligence-committee-9262019